Monday, October 6, 2014

A thank you from Jennifer Buttolph of Conkerr Cancer.

I am happy to say we had a total of 1,520 pillowcases dropped off in my area.

The Eastern Iowa coordinator had a total of 1,121 pillowcases
dropped off at her sites.  That makes a total of 2,641 pillowcases
made in Iowa.

Our goal nationally was 44,000 pillowcases for the month of September
since September is Children Cancer Awareness month.  That is roughly
how many children are being treated for life threatening or life changing
illnesses. 

Conkerr has some guide lines that they would like us to follow. 

1.  All pillowcases have to be made of 100% cotton.  No flannel.
 
2.  No glitter fabric.

3.  All pillowcases have to be made using the hot dog method and French
     seams.  If anyone needs help learning how to do this method I am 
     more than happy to teach them.  I also have written instructions if I 
     have a snail mail address.

 I'd also like to thank Adel Quilting and Dry Goods in Adel and Woodside
Quilting in Des Moines for hosting events for Conkerr Cancer in September.

Footnote:
Adel Quilting continues to be a drop off site for Conkerr Cancer pillow cases.

No comments: